Health Savings Accounts - Getting Started
As an individual account-holder, you must first determine your eligibility to establish a health savings account. Consult your tax advisor to be sure, but eligibility points to consider include:
You must have a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) in place prior to opening your HSA. We can help you find the insurance companies and agents that will help you obtain your HDHP.
- You cannot have additional major-medical health insurance that does not meet the requirements of an HDHP, be entitled to receive benefits under Medicare, or claimed as a dependent on another's tax return.
- Because it is your responsibility to determine your eligibility, we strongly urge you to confirm your eligibility with your tax accountant, attorney, or your insurance company's benefits consultant prior to opening an account.
Visit any Liberty Bank location to learn more and to open a Health Savings Account.
Liberty Bank Health Savings Account
- $100 minimum balance to open
- No monthly service fee
- Competitive rate of interest
- Unlimited transactions
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay with E-Statements
- No annual fee Visa Debit Card
- No fee Automatic Savings Plans
- Direct Deposit Service
- Safe. Secure. FDIC Insured.
To use your HSA, you can simply use your debit card or write checks for eligible medical expenses. You can also receive reimbursements by submitting a withdrawal form to Liberty Bank.
Qualified contributions can be deducted from your gross income upon filing your Federal Income Tax return (see your tax advisor for additional information).
To learn more, determine your eligibility, or to apply, please contact us.